Monday, April 18, 2011

Blogging

Part of the April harvest
Jib Jab styled click here
The picture is the latest harvest from the garden.  I am at the point where, Spring is here, but I've only got my trees in, and a couple summer squash and cucumbers in the ground.  The irrigation system is still not working, so I am hand watering.  It's a race to get some plants in the ground, and get those roots started.

Coming Soon!
I get so many lemons from this tiny tree.  These are the incredibly flavorful Meyer lemons.  I have a goose laying golden lemons.  They just keep coming and coming and coming!  So, I gave some out at work, and to my sister, and last weekend I put some to good use:  I made:

  • Limoncello
  • Preserved Lemons
  • Lemonade
  • Grilled chicken with dijon mustard, lemon, rosemary, pepper flakes marinade

The Limoncello and preserved lemons take like 80 days until they are ready.  Okay, at least a few weeks.  The point is, I will be posting, and the recipes are coming.  My goal is 1 recipe a day.

Jib Jab
I've been feeling a lack of JibJab. At the top of my mind are:

Mexico mission trip
Patrick is building houses on a Mexico mission trip.  I'm pretty excited for him.  It was a moving experience for his sister, and me when we went a couple years ago. 

Blogging
I've been thinking a lot about blogging, and writing, and photography and small businesses.  I'm not sure where it's all going, but I'm enjoying and thinking.

It's Spring!
I feel this tremendous energy developing as the days get longer, more sunny days, so much is in bloom.  It's time to plant! And plan. And yeah.

Swimming
I've been setting personal best times.  It's really kind of exciting.  I don't think I'm peaking yet either, from the new techniques I've been using.  I'm trying some new things, and it's paying off.  It's still raw, but it's working!!  I've hit some good (for me) times in 25 M, 50M, 100M, and 300M.  I do want to work on the longer distances.  Stay tuned.

Finally, the Giants!!
Wow, here we go with another season.  This isn't going to be a slam-dunk season for the Giants, even at this early stage of the season, they've shown some weakness.  Yes, these guys are World Series Champions.  Yet, they have struggles and challenges every day.  Every day!  It's been impressive to see them win more games lately, and come back from deficits to win.  They came so close to sweeping the Diamondbacks.  So so close.  It would have been incredible.  And, not the Giants.  They are earning their 'Torture' stripes again this year.  This is a big week.  Playing the Rockies, in Denver, and the Rocks are red red hot.  Already 4 games up, and have won 12 of their first 15 games.  WOW!

Try this link I keep popping in here and there.  It's a fun little feature of blogspot.  It takes my content and formats it in interesting ways.   Try the different options on the top right.  Let me know what you think!





5 comments:

  1. Hey T,
    Love your notes. Love the 'click on a pic' option of your blog-being the visual driven person that I am. It's nice to see the collage of your Jib Jab and choose items that, literally, look appealing. The collage is also a cool reflection of TT in a snap-shot. Maybe post as an entrance page? I love you Dear One

    ReplyDelete
  2. what if we start a business together, dad?
    heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kirsty :-) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah- that would be so much fun! ps-we just passed legislation in Oakland so urban farmers can grow and sell their harvest without permits and a bunch of regulation. Congrats to Novella Carpenter and her community!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are indeed very flavorful lemons!

    I'm intrigued! ... thinking a lot about blogging, and writing, and photography and small businesses.

    I also feel that incredible energy in spring ... I hope I can make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete